Since January, 2020 Specmap is free forever.
To properly list Specmap as a free extension in the Azure DevOps marketplace we've changed the configuration of the extension and removed the Paid flag in version 0.5.109.
This configuration change of the flags is not automatically applied when SpecMap is installed on an on-premise Azure Devops Server (formerly Team Foundation Server).
Users using any SpecMap version prior to 0.5.109 will see the following error message when trying to upgrade:
In order to fix this issue the Flags value of the extension has to be manually updated in the Azure Devops Database, using the following steps:
- Connect to the Azure Devops Server Configuration Database
- Create a backup before making any changes
- Locate the [Gallery].[tbl_Extension] table
- Locate the row with the [ExtensionName] "SpecMap"
- Update the value of the [Flags] from 276 (Public, Paid, Validated) to 260 (Public, Validated)
- Attempt to update again SpecMap which should succeed now