Cucumber Expressions are a new, simpler way to glue Gherkin steps to step definition methods. They are currently supported in Cucumber, Cucumber-JS, and Cucumber-JVM. It would be fitting to support them in SpecFlow as well.
- The syntax of Cucumber Expressions in SpecFlow should be compliant with the other Cucumber projects.
- Programmers should be able to easily choose between step definition styles for Cucumber expressions, regular expressions, and method naming conventions. (This could be done with new attribute names, options, or smart string matching.)
- Built-in parameter types for int, float, word, and string should be supported.
- Programmers should also be able to define custom parameter types.
- Optional text, alternative text, and escaping should be supported.
Please sign in to leave a comment.